It’s a good habit to keep your web browser up to date for security reasons, but Safari on Mac doesn’t have a refresh button. Here’s how to refresh Safari on Mac.
How to keep Safari up to date
Every year, Apple releases new features for Safari. You usually install them without even realizing it, because they are related to the macOS updates you get in System Preferences.
But because Safari is a browser, Apple often lets you upgrade to the latest version of Safari without having to install the next version of the OS. For example, while Safari 14.0 was bundled with macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina users can still upgrade to it. Apple also provides regular security updates for older versions of Safari, which is the main reason we recommend keeping them up to date.
How to Update Safari in Mac System Preferences
To update Safari, you will need to use the Software Update feature in System Preferences. For REACH there,
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select the ” System Settings ” option.
In System Preferences, click Software Update ( Software Update ).
I’ll show you the plate Software Update Are software updates available for your Mac? There are two options.
- If you want to install the latest version of the operating system along with the latest version of Safari, just click the Update Now button ( Update Now ) and follow the process.
- If you just want to install an update for Safari, click More Info Under the list of available updates, you will see a detailed list of all updates.
- Once you click More Details, a panel will appear showing the updates available for your Mac.
Be sure to select “Update”. Safari, and uncheck MacOS If you don’t want to install a system update with it.
When you’re ready, click Install Now ( install now ).
- After a while, a Safari update will be installed on your Mac.
Once the update process is complete, you can safely exit the System Preferences app using the red close button in the corner of the window.
Because the process is somewhat confusing and unclear, we recommend turning on the auto-update feature to keep Safari and your Mac up to date.
We hope you find this article helpful to learn how to update the Safari browser on Mac.